- I was so nervous tweeting these that I tweeted out of the chain, so here is the full story, as I intended, of me coming out as demisexual.
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:29:38So...on a super personal note, I just took 5 online tests that all leaned in the same way...and if I only took one I'd brush it off but 5???
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:32:49Being the one my mom and older sister have had real conversations about, speculating that I might be a lesbian (I'm not),
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:34:05and (really personal) the only virgin in my group of friends, and being the one constantly asked, "What is my type?" and having to
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:35:04even ask myself and scramble for answers, and the one who is always looking/crushing on the unattainable guy; (this is getting long)
- I had to admit my own biases despite myself.
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:35:55and being the girl who at first scoffed at all of these new labels on the scene but gets anxious at the thought of a stranger touching me,
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:37:03and is (obviously) happier playing Final Fantasy than going outside to maybe meet someone, I just took 4 tests on asexuality and 1 on demi.
- And the result of the 4 quizzes on Asexuality and the 1 I took on Demisexuality:
- I was on the verge of having a panic attack...
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:41:19So, I'm trying to figure out now if I'm freaking out or relieved that I'm not as not-normal as I usually think I am. And one day I will
- And my "in conclusion" revelation...
- — Deb the Author (@DebTheAuthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 16:52:35Epilogue: The thought of meeting a guy in "normal" social circles has always made me anxious, and I'm happy not doing it, but also,
- And finally, the AA Meeting introduction.
- I also need to thank others who jumped up to eHug me.
- — Heather R. Holden (@edgyauthor)Tue, Feb 21 2017 17:24:45@DebTheAuthor Welcome to the ace club! <3 It can sometimes be difficult and awkward, for sure, but it's ultimately a relief to know, IMO.
- I also told my older sister, who is always hinting to me about cute guys, and she said, "Oh, OK, I can see that. How do you feel about it?"
The One Where I Came Out On Twitter
What started as ace advocacy turned out to be more than I expected or wanted to admit.
byDeb the Author48 Views