Design enters the Age of Experience at SolidWorks World 2014
A recap of Day 1 General Session from SolidWorks World 2014, held in San Diego, Jan 27th, 2014.
- This edition of SolidWorks World began with a great announcement: with more than 5600 attendees, this 16th edition is the largest of all SolidWorks World events so far!
- But this first announcement was just a foretaste for many other great ones, and to begin with, SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual, the first SolidWorks app based on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Conceptual. Social. Connected. Instinctive. These are the pillars that define SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual. Watch the video below to see it in action:
- The attendance liked the features of SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual, in particular its collective intelligence capabilities, and its user interface.
- CEO Bernard Charlès then introduced two examples of other apps of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. First, how EXALEAD can help crunching big data into actionable parts reuse for designers and engineers.
- We were glad to have Boyan Slat in the audience, a young student from Delft University (Netherlands) who used SolidWorks to bring life to his dream of cleaning the oceans of plastic garbage patches.
- If you're not familiar with Boyan Slat and his OceanCleanup project, watch his great talk at TEDx:
- We were also honored to host Dr. Hugh Herr, head of Biomechatronics Research at MIT Media Lab.
- To see more about Hugh Herr's world-changing dreams, watch this:
- These were just a few highlights from the Day1 General Session, you can watch the full replay here:
- See you tomorrow for an exciting Day2 at #SWW14!