Friday, August 23, 2013, continued (military jury receives case)
- — Drew Mikkelsen (@drewmikk)Fri, Aug 23 2013 16:26:38
- — Kevin McCarty (@KevinKIRO)Fri, Aug 23 2013 17:56:56
- — Jenny DB (@Jenny_DB)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:00:43If #Bales gets life w/o parole he's automatically considered for clemency after 20yrs. If secretary of Army grants, he can apply for parole.
- — Drew Mikkelsen (@drewmikk)Fri, Aug 23 2013 14:49:00Army spokesperson says the 9 civilians from Afghanistan who testified against #Bales want to be in court when the jury decision is announced
- — Stacie Kouskouris (@StacieK9)Fri, Aug 23 2013 16:37:40
- (Stacie may be one of the Navy personnel who nursed young Zardana in San Diego from June through late summer, 2012. Zardana - granddaughter of Haji Sayed Jan and murdered Nikmarghah from Alkozai - was shot in the head that night but somehow survived, and months later was transported from NATO's Kandahar Airfield hospital to San Diego with her father Samiullah to receive specialized care at a Navy hospital.)
- — Kevin McCarty (@KevinKIRO)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:09:28
- — Kevin McCarty (@KevinKIRO)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:11:41
- — Keith Eldridge (@KeithKOMO4)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:12:25The Afghan victims are in the courtroom. They didn't want to hear #Bales closings, but wanted to be there for decision. Parole is ?
- — Kevin McCarty (@KevinKIRO)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:12:41
- — Drew Mikkelsen (@drewmikk)Fri, Aug 23 2013 18:12:43An Army attorney just told media "they have a a sentence." Jury was out on #Bales for about an hour and a half. Here comes the judge.
Kandahar Mass Murder Plea Bargain Sentencing Hearing, As Tweeted: Military Jury Sentences Robert Bales
This is a record of the second of two evidence hearings in the court-martial of former U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Robert Bales for war crimes in Afghanistan. For context, please see my introduction to this 7-part Storify, linked just below. I recommend viewing this in /slideshow format. -January, 2014
byDCreDC1 Like67 Views