- — Kate Leth (@kateleth)Wed, Jan 07 2015 22:58:28Nothing like a man wagging his tongue and patting his crotch at you to really make you miss a good ol’-fashioned cat-calling
- — TJ Bennett (@Sardonic_Tj)Fri, Nov 28 2014 21:05:04
- — Allison Sparling (@Allisomething)Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:21:51hi please do not approach me on the street to hit on me before 8:30 am or between the hours of 8:31 am and 8:29 am the next day
- — Emily T (@emily_truesdale)Sun, Nov 16 2014 16:08:42Don't scream "nice tits!" at me when I walk by. It's rude, it's embarrassing, and seriously, we all know my tits are a 5/10 at best.
- — Casey Spears (@caseyams)Thu, Nov 13 2014 20:50:28Why don't more people realize that it's total bullshit that half the world's population can't walk down the street feeling completely safe?
- — Rebecca Faria (@RebelBeckerton)Wed, Nov 05 2014 13:17:19Welp, just yelled WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU to a dude hissing "hey girlie" to a woman at the bridge terminal. It's a #hollaback kind of day.
- — Kristi Colleen (@KristiColleen)Sat, Nov 01 2014 22:41:27Catcalling is only okay if you're an actual cat and you're calling me to come over and scritch your head.
- — Jessica R. Williams (@msjwilly)Tue, Oct 28 2014 22:14:37Dear Nice Guys Who Just Want to Say Hi, The assholes ruined it for you. Police your asshole friends and then maybe we can talk in 5 years.
- — Jessica R. Williams (@msjwilly)Tue, Oct 28 2014 22:06:28Guys: The way you feel about dudes on the street trying to sell you their mixtape is the way we feel about men catcalling us on the street.
- — Bobbi Zahra (@Sleehah)Tue, Oct 07 2014 12:58:18A friend walks home at might, ignores men catcalling. They throw a beer bottle, call her 'slut,' 'whore.' Proud parents? #EverydaySexism
- — Bobbi Zahra (@Sleehah)Tue, Oct 07 2014 21:55:31@HollabackHRM She feels that she must somehow deserve it, actually, that they somehow knew something about her past. Am SO angry for her!
- — Rowan Morrissy (@rowanmorrissy4)Mon, Oct 06 2014 20:52:53Yes, I chose to wear a skirt today. No, I did not asked to be honked, or catcalled at. Thank you for your consideration.
- — Jessica Mahoney (@jessmahoney15)Sat, Oct 04 2014 18:23:35To the drunk guys outside of the sports bar on a Saturday afternoon verbally harassing people: good job fulfilling stereotypes #jerks
- — Caitlin McGuire (@eastcoastkto)Fri, Oct 03 2014 23:06:39I'm too tired to deal with even potential street harrassment tonight, which is a ridiculous reality.
- — Caitlin McGuire (@eastcoastkto)Fri, Oct 03 2014 23:05:41I've had a long day. I'd rather not get called a whore on my walk home or have someone else throw something at me from their car.
- — Caitlin McGuire (@eastcoastkto)Fri, Oct 03 2014 23:04:18Was going to walk down Bell Rd by myself, but then there were guys yelling out their car at people on Spring Garden & I decided to bus.
- — Laura Tordoff (@ltordoff92)Tue, Sep 30 2014 16:29:37A man just cat-called me with the angriest face I've ever seen. The traffic's stopped so he's awkwardly sat in front of me in his car 👏
- — Elizabeth Macmichael (@elizzoreth)Sun, Sep 28 2014 03:06:42Walking down Spring when a guy hollers at me from his car: "She knows what she wants!" Yes sir, I do. I was thinking about pizza.
Catcalling in Halifax
People in Halifax tweet about their experiences with street harassment
byAngela Crozier1,627 Views