- SESSION 5: 'A history of systemic failures' with Professor Ben Bowling, Courtenay Griffiths QC and Imran Khan.
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Sat, Feb 07 2015 10:22:03"There is nothing haphazard about the high proportion of ethnic minorities from former colonies in prison" Courtenay Griffiths QC
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Sat, Feb 07 2015 10:30:42"How is it, that every person at International Criminal Court is from Africa? Do only African's commit war crimes?" Courtenay Griffiths QC
- — Helen Steel (@helensteel12)Sat, Feb 07 2015 10:44:07"The ruling elite can violate laws with impunity, while members of the subject class will be punished" Courtenay Griffiths QC
- — righttoprotest (@righttoprotest)Sat, Feb 07 2015 11:02:11Imran Khan: essential we support the petition to stop official secrets act being used against Peter Francis 4 speaking out @CrimeandJustice
- — righttoprotest (@righttoprotest)Sat, Feb 07 2015 11:04:15Imran Khan: Public Inquiry - the present system is not fit for purpose we need to consider what could replace it @CrimeandJustice
- SESSION 6: 'Spycops and the black justice campaigns' with Suresh Grover, Janet Alder, Sukhdev Reel, Lee Lawrence and Stafford Scott.
Police Corruption, Spying, Racism and Accountability: Day 2
On Friday 6th and Saturday 7th February 2015 the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies held a conference with The Monitoring Group about police corruption, spying, racism and accountability. There were over 25 speakers including academics, activists and people personally affected by these issues.