- Will McMahon from the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies and Suresh Grover from The Monitoring Group opened the conference.
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Fri, Feb 06 2015 09:48:23
- SESSION 1: 'Setting the context', included talks by John McDonnell MP, Professor Gus John, and Rebecca Roberts:
- — NativeSon (@adamec87)Fri, Feb 06 2015 10:09:38
- SESSION 2: 'The anatomy of institutional racism'. Speakers included Dr Rebekah Delsol, Dr Jules Holroyd, Dr Mike Shiner and Dr Patrick Williams.
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Fri, Feb 06 2015 12:03:55"The term 'profiling' gives idea of some sort of scientific method. however term 'racial' is fundermentally un-scientific" @RebekahDelsol
- — Rebecca Roberts (@reberrama)Fri, Feb 06 2015 11:59:15
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Fri, Feb 06 2015 12:21:48
- — Rachel (@rachel787878)Fri, Feb 06 2015 12:41:55
- — Tom Fowler (@tombfowler)Fri, Feb 06 2015 12:50:59"Not everyone as identified as 'gang members" by police were members of a gang or have any involvement in crime & violence" @PatrickWillia17
- SESSION 3: 'When corporate needs and policing methods collide'. Presentations from Dr David Whyte and Mark Thomas
Police Corruption, Spying, Racism and Accountability: Day 1
On Friday 6th and Saturday 7th February 2015 the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies and The Monitoring Group held a conference on police corruption, spying, racism and accountability. There were over 25 speakers including academics, activists and people personally affected by these issues.