- The below questions and articles are part of a weekly Community Chat. A discussion on topics,theme and trends that affect Australian educators. The conversation takes place in, in Scootle Community and live Monday 8PM AEST on twitter using the #Communitychat hashtag.
This week as part Connected Educator Month we focused on the second of our#CE14 themes - Teacher Professional Learning and Development.
- Professional learning and development questions and resources for this discussion are available via https://community.scootle.edu.au/networks/3926/blog/192893-community-chat-oct-13-educator-professional-development-amp-learning …
- — Scootle (@scootle)Mon, Oct 13 2014 00:05:16
- — Michael Rifenburg (@JMRifenburg)Sun, Oct 12 2014 23:59:59looking forward to learning through @scootle and dedicated Australian educators tonight. All the way from my desk in the US of A.
- — Leigh Murphy (@LeighGMurphy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:00:28
- — Leigh Murphy (@LeighGMurphy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:04:01
- — Leigh Murphy (@LeighGMurphy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:10:04A1 My PL becomes tailored, timely, filtered and measurable by connecting and learning through professional learning networks #Communitychat
- — Roland Gesthuizen (@rgesthuizen)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:10:32
- — Leigh Murphy (@LeighGMurphy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:17:49
- — Michelle Wong (@wongmichy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:13:18A1 being a connected educator means I can regularly have my beliefs confirmed or questioned - both of which help me learn #communitychat
- — Michelle Wong (@wongmichy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:09:41A1 if one believes in power of learning form others,then being connected means having MORE Ts, principals, Ss to learn from #communitychat
- — Leigh Murphy (@LeighGMurphy)Mon, Oct 13 2014 09:20:06A2. There has been a significant shift from school/leadership customised to individualised, inspiring and border less PL #Communitychat
- — Cara Fugill (@carafugill)Mon, Oct 13 2014 12:56:11@scootle change in education should be evidence based, some of the best evidence can be collected from the experience of our peers!
#CommunityChat - Oct 13
Community chat is an online conversation for educators to talk about teaching and learning resources, practices and strategies.