- Are you tempted to jump into social media without a strategy? In this session, JD Lasica and Carla Schlemminger of Socialbrite help to explain why a strategy should come first. The presentation is also jam packed with lots of useful advice and resources.Thanks for JD and Carla for sharing their brilliance with me, you and the entire social profit sector!
- — Carla Schlemminger (@carlainsf)Thu, Apr 05 2012 15:00:31
- My fingers were flying in this session. I successfully shared much of the goodness via Twitter so I wanted to also share them with you via my blog.It was nice to be recognized by TechSoup for my efforts.
- Here are the slides for the presentation. To get the highlights and some comments on the presentation, see my tweets and selected tweets from others below.
- — James Howe (@Communic8nHowe)Thu, Apr 05 2012 17:50:35#12ntcdammit Need to build groundwork for social media before you can think of using it to make an ask for fundraising - Lasica
- My fingers and head got one of the URLs wrong. This tweet has them both correct. I liked SEMrush but you may also like Spyfu.
- — Katherine Kassing (@KatherineKassng)Thu, Apr 05 2012 18:31:49
You need a strategy dammit
In early April, I went to San Francisco for the annual Nonprofit Technology Conference held by NTEN. I learned new information to help my clients communicate better and met many great people who will help the learning continue. Here is a Storify'd version of one of my favourite sessions.
byJames Howe172 Views