- — CrystalTennilleIrby (@fineprintink)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39
- — Heidi Willis (@heidiwillis)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39
- — Sheila Mikailli (@sheilamikailli)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39Because after years of constant abuse and isolation from family and friends, you start to believe it. #WhyIStayed
- — Christina Owens (@Tristy2003)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39
- — Starren Piece (@StarrenPiece)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39#WhyIStayed Because he weaved his way into every aspect of my life. bc he made me feel like I was worthless unless he validated my existence
- — Victoria (@lisaevictoria)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:25:36Psychologists & relationship counselors minimized abuse, victim blamed, colluded with abuser & dismissed the trauma I endured #WhyIStayed
- — Andrea Imafidon (@BrownGirlBoston)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39#WhyIStayed I had his mother tell me that something is wrong with me and that her son will never do any harm to anyone.
- — Trineka Ya Dig? (@thediva1975)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39I was strong, smart, & independent, I couldn't believe it was really happening. But I loved him & just wanted the abuse to stop. #WhyIStayed
- — Me. I am Deniece... (@DenieceVH1)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39#WhyIStayed My mom just told me she stayed with her abuser because of low self-esteem and that she didn't believe she deserved any better.
- — La Femme Politicale (@FemmePoliticale)Tue, Sep 09 2014 05:06:39
Domestic Violence - #WhyIStayed
Domestic Violence has been thrust into the spotlight once again due to the video of Ray Rice assaulting his then fiancee, now wife Janay. Many are asking why she married him. Here are some tweets from women and men who have been in her shoes. Hear their voices and understand.
bySharlotte Jackson434 Views