- The 2016 matric pass rate is 72,5%, an increase of 1.3% from 70.7% in 2015. However, there are great concerns about the state of higher education funding in South Africa. Here is a round-up of some celebratory, funny, cute and heartfelt #MatricResults2016 tweets.
- — Sir Moraope the II (@Neo_theFirst)Thu, Jan 05 2017 06:41:38#Classof2016 congratulations to all matric, it saddens me to know that most of yol don't even have funds to further your studies
- Social development announnced a 24 hour hotline for anxious or depressed matriculants. We urge parents to keep a watchful eye out for unsual behaviour. If your child has trouble dealing with the outcome of #MatricResults2016, please do seek help at 0800 428 428 (toll free number).
- — City of Joburg (@CityofJoburgZA)Wed, Jan 04 2017 13:45:02#MatricResults2016 No exam is worth your life. Social Development Department has a toll-free number for support: 0800 428 428 ^NS
- And congrats to those who made it...
- — 🌚🌝 (@AmogelangOluchi)Thu, Jan 05 2017 04:51:24
- — Didier Ngameni (@daveo299)Thu, Jan 05 2017 06:24:25
- — Madison Wilson (@Maaddiiissoon_)Thu, Jan 05 2017 01:24:12emotional thing to see people that I've grown up with go off & make something of themselves. Couldn't be prouder to know you #classof2016
- And a word of encouragement...
- — Motsamai Khabane (@khabane12)Thu, Jan 05 2017 06:47:25#MatricResults2016 congratulations to those who made it & askies to those who didn't make it _ try again & never give up.
Class of 2016
It all began in a far away city named Johannesburg. Sunrise was at 5:21am and sunset at 7:04pm and for most, if not all matriculants, it was the day of reckoning. The appropriate Game of Thrones reference would be 'winter is coming'.
byCity of Joburg328 Views