- So last night I was reminded of the time a famous actor/comedian had followed me (after appearing on the Empire Podcast), only to unfollow soon after. Can't blame him - my Twitter feed is a strange mix of film comment, daft puns, anti-Trump rhetoric (not back then, mind) and, sometimes, all three in a single tweet.
- But it got me thinking: had any of my followers had a similar tale of woe? So I asked. And your tales came in, in droves. Here are the best.
- — Laura (@neil_finnweevil)Thu, May 18 2017 08:10:59@ChrisHewitt Neil Finn followed and retweeted me a few times. Then I got locked out & had to make a new account. No follow : (.
- — TheBromleyBonViveur (@rufus1969)Thu, May 18 2017 09:47:35@ChrisHewitt Victor Lewis-Smith. Followed and commented. Got the arse when I said his and Keith Allen's doc about princess Di was amateur balderdash.
- — Zeeke Peter (@PeterBanner1)Thu, May 18 2017 08:27:28@ChrisHewitt Christian O'Connell followed me once and I tweeted "oh cool the oc is following me" and then he was gone, like a thief in the night
- If you don't know who that is, Guillem Balague is a Spanish football journalist. It's basically like being unfollowed by me, but with better facial hair.
- — David McGregor (@theverylastact)Thu, May 18 2017 07:24:05@ChrisHewitt Sarah Willingham from Dragons Den. Followed me then dropped me after I followed her. Friend harvesting hurts.
- This next one is gold.
- Cher. Yoko Ono. It doesn't really matter, does it? Still gold. More randoms now.
- — Wee Mowgz (@Mowgzilla)Thu, May 18 2017 06:46:20
- — Füüd (@FuudBlog)Thu, May 18 2017 06:33:27@ChrisHewitt For some reason the band Bush followed me for a couple of weeks, then changed their mind. Gav must be well into the Cardiff food scene...
- — Neil (@nellyweather)Thu, May 18 2017 17:17:24@ChrisHewitt My only celeb follower is Alison Moyet & she seems to be sticking around. CJ from Eggheads unfollowed me, does he count?
- I have absolutely no idea. Let's say yes.
- — Adam Roan Henderson (@adamrh)Thu, May 18 2017 06:36:17@ChrisHewitt Noel Fielding. It lasted about a week, I assume he was going through a personal crisis or it was some existential joke.
- Then, occasionally, the unfollower got involved...
"MY CELEBRITY UNFOLLOW HELL!"
I asked Twitter for tales of being unfollowed by famouses. Twitter did not disappoint.
byChris Hewitt130 Views