- The October summit was focused on developing an action plan the addresses the region's workforce needs.
- Missed out on the summit? That's OK, we took notes.
SETTING THE STAGE
- Columbus State Community College President David Harrison described the region's demographics and its projected growth.
- Ryan Burgess, director of the Governor's Office of Workforce Transformation, gave an update on the programs and initiatives his office is leading to create a pipeline from K-12 to the workforce.
- Columbus 2020 President and CEO Kenny McDonald described the region's progress in bringing new jobs and remaining competitive in a global market.
- Tim Harman, director of customized workforce recruitment at Columbus 2020, described the workforce trends and areas of improvement.
"The skills gap is real."