- This session is designed to help sex educators, sex bloggers, and other sex workers to better understand the in’s-and-out’s of psychotherapy and sextherapy. We’ll discuss the DSM and how it’s been used against women and sexual minorities, and where we stand now with the new edition. We will explain some basic pathologies to be aware of, and some common terms that are often misused, such as: passive/aggressive, projection, neurotic. The speakers will shine light on areas that most shrinks mess-up with their clients, especially around sexualities. We will discuss gay and/or kink affirmative therapy, and sex-positive therapy. We welcome questions and discussion.
- — Nina Grace Ruedas (@IntimacyToolbox)Wed, Sep 10 2014 05:26:04
- — Tiffany Sostar (@academictivist)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:23:11I'm an aspiring sexpert, and I'm neurodivergent & working on healing some sexual shame and trauma. Seems like #cconmind is the place for me!
- — The Pleasure Chest (@PleasureChestLA)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:26:49
- — Shira Tarrant (@shiratarrant)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:34:36
- — The Pleasure Chest (@PleasureChestLA)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:36:46
- — Eva Blake (@LiberateDesire)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:39:10
- — Tiffany Sostar (@academictivist)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:39:47Recognizing how much violence has been enacted against my communities is not news but it is awful. #cconmind
- — The Pleasure Chest (@PleasureChestLA)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:40:39
- — Tiffany Sostar (@academictivist)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:44:37'We need to not allow erotic minority people to be physically or emotionally traumatized by the medical system.' #cconmind
- — Eve Minax (@EveMinax)Wed, Sep 17 2014 20:09:08
- — Coming Out Kinky (@ComingOutKinky)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:48:03
- — Minx (@cunningminx)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:48:23#cconmind was an out-of-comfort-zone choice. I HATE hearing about how cruelly medical professionals have treated those outside sexual norms
- — Tiffany Sostar (@academictivist)Sun, Sep 14 2014 19:55:00Sex addiction is a social construction. Compulsive sexual behaviour does happen, but the sex addiction industry is harmful. #cconmind
It’s In Your Mind: What Every Sexpert Needs to Know About Psychotherapy
Ms. Nina Grace Ruedas, Dr. Winston Wilde #cconmind CatalystCon West - 2014