Director Therese Shechter presents a very special sneak preview of her documentary-in-progress ”How to Lose Your Virginity.” The hour-long film will be followed by a Q&A with Therese, and perhaps some others from the film!
About the film: Virginity loss is a personal milestone in almost every woman’s life, but this process of becoming sexual is defined by myths and dogma, fetishized in our popular culture, and linked to morality and self worth. “How to Lose Your Virginity” deconstructs this virginity construct and advocates for a more nuanced and complex discussion of female sexuality in our culture.
More information about the film and Therese Shechter is at How to Lose Your Virginity.
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:41:55Preparing for 'Virginity' screening at @CatalystCon. So excited we'll have a few folks from Team Trixie Films at the screening!
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Fri, Sep 14 2012 20:06:49
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Sat, Sep 15 2012 04:12:43
- — Marin Sander Holzman (@marinmedialab)Sat, Sep 15 2012 19:56:29Good luck to @TrixieFilms for her screening of "how to lose your virginity" TONIGHT at Catalyst Con!
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Sun, Sep 16 2012 00:18:54In less than 3 hours we're showing our How to Lose Your Virginity rough cut to some very smart sex educators. Am I nervous? Oh yes! #ccon
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Sun, Sep 16 2012 02:14:28"How to Lose Your Virginity" screening in less than an hour. Description in conference program sounds so earnest (it's funny!) #ccon
- — Technogeisha (@Technogeisha)Sun, Sep 16 2012 03:12:14
- — jessica drake (@thejessicadrake)Sun, Sep 16 2012 04:35:49
- — Therese Shechter (@TrixieFilms)Sun, Sep 16 2012 17:46:06