- — Colin Perkel (@Perkel)Tue, Oct 28 2014 00:41:41
- — Will Campbell (@willcampbll)Tue, Oct 28 2014 01:15:32After his victory speech a clutch of rabid ford supporters followed him to his SUV, chanting "rob rob rob" and holding signs high
- Social media had plenty to say about the mayoral results. First up, John Tory-related reaction. The victory was long-sought by the perennial candidate who had a resume long on business and civic experience, but short on politcal success:
- — Steve Paikin (@spaikin)Tue, Oct 28 2014 01:17:51Liberals all over GTA must be feeling good these days: Wynne, Crombie, Jeffrey, Bevilacqua, all win. Some might add Tory to that list too.
- — Michael Ireton (@MichaelIreton)Tue, Oct 28 2014 01:18:41Tory wins, but remarkably close considering that Doug was a hasty surrogate for Rob. Toronto still a city divided? http://fw.to/6X3ke5k
- — Cynthia Mulligan (@CityCynthia)Tue, Oct 28 2014 01:14:44
- Next up: comments about the Brothers Ford. The brothers, among the most controversial and noteworthy figures in Canadian politics, are magnets for invective and praise at the same time. Doug finished second in the mayoralty race while brother Rob -- Toronto's current scandal-riven mayor -- won a council seat in Ward 2 while battling a rare form of cancer.
Toronto votes - live coverage
Millions of people cast ballots in civic elections across Ontario today, but many eyes were on Toronto, where John Tory claimed the mayor's seat after a lengthy, dramatic and headline-filled campaign involving both politically active Ford brothers and left-leaning hopeful Olivia Chow.
byThe Canadian Press2 Likes13,371 Views