- — CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:43:11“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend,” Robin Williams’ wife Susan Schneider http://cnn.it/1q5FqYQ ttp://t.co/JfgTdY3UFI
- — ET Canada (@ETCanada)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:53:37"Mork & Mindy"'s Pam Dawber remembers her late co-star: “I am completely an http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_107606/robin-williams-has-passed-away-at-63/film/ …uot; http://t.co/N3euaxSjas
- There was an immediate outpouring of reaction on social media from celebrities, politicians and fans alike. Several famous faces shared their feelings on Twitter:
- — Ellen DeGenres (@TheElIIenShow)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:25:34Very sad to hear about Robin Williams. He brought so much laughter and joy into this world. You will always be remembered as a legend. RIP
- — Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:08:28Robin Williams was like no other ..To watch him create on the spot was a privilege to behold.. Robin you are an angel now !!! REST IN PEACE
- — Justin Trudeau, MP (@JustinTrudeau)Tue, Aug 12 2014 03:34:11To me, he will always be Mork. I will wear my rainbow suspenders and remember the great artist and man that he was.
- — Brent Butt (@BrentButt)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:25:27Just heard about RobinWilliams. Stunned. He used to drop in & do spots @ UrbanWell & Punchlines in Vancouver. Big laugher, lots of fun.#RIP
- — Russell Peters (@therealrussellp)Tue, Aug 12 2014 00:52:58Very sad to hear the news about Robin Williams…. Big loss for not just the entertainment world but for the whole wRIPRobinWilliamsPRobinWilliams
- — Howie Mandel (@howiemandel)Tue, Aug 12 2014 01:40:36R.I.P. Robin The World will be too quiet without the laughter you bring .Our problem is not healthcare it's the fight for mental healthcare
- — Jared Padalecki (@jarpad)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:25:37RIP Robin Williams. Your work has brought joy and laughter to millions of people. May you find your deserved solace in the next life.
- — Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47)Mon, Aug 11 2014 23:20:45O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and hear the bells. Rise up, for you the flag is flung, for you the bugle trills.
Comedy star Robin Williams dead at 63
Robin Williams, the Academy Award winner and comic supernova whose explosions of pop culture riffs and impressions dazzled audiences for decades and made him a gleamy-eyed laureate for the Information Age, died Monday in an apparent suicide. He was 63.
byThe Canadian Press34,488 Views