- Canadian Press reporter Lauren Krugel has been posting images of the weather in Calgary over the past few days:
- — Lauren Krugel (@LaurenKrugel)Mon, Sep 08 2014 14:47:50Weather in #yyc right now: soul-crushing despair with a 100 per cent chance of icy pellets smacking your face. (I wore sandals yesterday)
- — Lauren Krugel (@LaurenKrugel)Tue, Sep 09 2014 02:50:51Saw pics of fallen trees on Twitter, decided it was a good idea to move my car from on the street, right beneath a huge tree... 1/2
- — Lauren Krugel (@LaurenKrugel)Tue, Sep 09 2014 02:53:28As I retrieved my snow brush, I heard something like fireworks. CRACK! And then a cloud of snow. Tree a few houses down destroyed. 2/2
- The unusually early snow has produced lots of chilly images on social media:
- — Lucas Meyer (@meyer_lucas)Wed, Sep 10 2014 17:50:30Mayor Nenshi says he was shocked driving through Crescent Heights this morning at the damage; hard to tell how long clean up will take.
Calgary hit hard by unseasonable snow
Environment Canada has issued its third snowfall warning for Calgary in as many days, predicting another five to 10 centimetres is possible. Since the white stuff started falling on Monday, about 30,000 people have been affected by power outages due to weather conditions.
byThe Canadian Press99,593 Views