- Members of the university community shared their opinions on the the Supreme Court's landmark 5-4 ruling on the controversial 2010 Affordable Healthcare Act yesterday morning. President Obama had faced steep opposition and declared victory hours after the court's decision was announced. The law will impact how Americans receive healthcare and also offers new guidelines on federal power. The law does not take full effect until 2014.See tweets below.
- — mungowitz (@mungowitz)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:30:54Okay, the deal: I'm sad ACA not struck down. Because we need single-payer, like France-Germany, w/private provision. This is a band-aid.
- — mungowitz (@mungowitz)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:38:27On single-payer: Wm Roper, Repub/Reagan's Med Director. We have soc'd med NOW. It just sucks. Single payer better http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012/05/26/859-medical-myths-the-future-of-health-care/ …armacy.com/2012/05/26/859-medical-myths-the-future-of-health-care/
- — mungowitz (@mungowitz)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:26:57Interesting: No ruling on severability, b/c nothing to sever--all upheld. All that gaseous punditry did nought but create greenhous gasses.
- — mungowitz (@mungowitz)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:46:05In 2009, Obama: "You can't make up language" and call ACA a "tax increase." But SCOTUS can! NOT tax for voters, justify AS tax for court.
- — Don Taylor (@donaldhtaylorjr)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:42:35
- — Don Taylor (@donaldhtaylorjr)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:39:48
- — Don Taylor (@donaldhtaylorjr)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:58:01
- — Don Taylor (@donaldhtaylorjr)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:47:40What the red states do on ACA Medicaid expansions will be a true test of ideology v. financial self interest. Will be interesting.
- — Cathy Davidson (@CathyNDavidson)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:24:06Really! SCOTUS, thank you. We will actually, finally join other first world nations with a first step to national health care system.
- — Cathy Davidson (@CathyNDavidson)Thu, Jun 28 2012 15:08:11Among other things, POTUS runs a very, tight legal ship: their tax argument was exactly SCOTUS's ruling argument. Exactly.
- — karla holloway (@ProfHolloway)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:13:23
- — Jules Odendahl-James (@naturalreadhead)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:18:50
- — Natalie Jackson (@NatalieMJ84)Thu, Jun 28 2012 15:43:19
- — Laurent Dubois (@Soccerpolitics)Thu, Jun 28 2012 16:34:20"'The Supreme Court just saved Obama's ass,'" http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/05/supreme-court-obamacare-roberts-saves-mandate …es.com/politics/2012/05/supreme-court-obamacare-roberts-saves-mandate
- — Tyler Dukes (@mtdukes)Thu, Jun 28 2012 14:06:45
- — Duke Law School (@DukeLawSchool)Thu, Jun 28 2012 15:06:27
Duke Faculty React to Supreme Court's Ruling on Healthcare
Thursday morning members of the university community tweeted their views on the the Supreme Court's landmark ruling on the controversial healthcare law
byCamille Jackson1 Like87 Views