- The public's reaction, for the most part, was overwhelmingly positive.
- — Michael Arden (@michaelarden)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:11:50My husband to be woke me up with the best news I've ever heard. So proud of our system today and so proud to be a citizen of the USA.
- — Tom Williams (@Tomwill25)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:14:28Huge progress towards equality today as Superme Court legalises gay marriage. Americans now have the right to marry the person they love.
- Meanwhile, other users voiced their opposition.
- — DupreeNation ★彡 (@WayneDupreeShow)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:20:11I still believe in traditional marriage and I am not wrong for doing so. Marriage will always be between a man/woman!
- — Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:21:38
- — MiguelArrázola (@PMiguelArrazola)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:12:22God Himself has given us the institution of marriage. Define in His Word between a man and a woman. Today US Supreme Court said otherwise
- — Rob (@Rob_Woodson)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:19:35Marriage should be between a man and woman.. https://twitter.com/10tv/status/614434944367071232 …
- — Rudolph Bell (@DolphBell)Fri, Jun 26 2015 14:19:20Bobby Jindal on gay marriage ruling: "Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that."
- For more on the ruling, click here.
Gay marriage now legal in all 50 states, Twitter reacts
byCNBC2 Likes135,651 Views