- — Content Marketing (@CMIContent)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:01:01
What is the biggest roadblock to getting your team on board to using content marketing?
- — Drew Eastmead (@dreweastmead)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:05:47A1: I think it's getting people out of their comfort zones, especially for your teammates who are not customer-facing. #CMWorld
- — Ben H. Rome (@bhrome)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:06:46
- — Brandon Egley (@BrandonEgley)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:06:55
- — Shannah Hayley (@shannahhayley)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:07:32A1: My roadblock is 3-fold: Perceived effort required, concerns about time, lack of big picture vision/understanding. #CMWorld
- — Liliana H ☕️️ (@Liliholl)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:07:42A1) I think that some ppl have some fears about the suitability of their writing, which can be addressed w/ training of course! #CMWorld
- — The Duke & the Duck (@dukeandtheduck)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:08:06Team members get caught up in their own work and don't have/make time for it unless their title is "marketer". #cmworld https://twitter.com/CMIContent/status/793483996432769025 …
Everyone loves a good analogy. How do you explain content marketing so someone gets it?
- — Amanda Todorovich (@amandatodo)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:12:05A2: It's like dating. Takes a long time to build good relationships. Can't constantly talk about yourself. #CMWorld
- — Drew Eastmead (@dreweastmead)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:12:36A2: Good content marketers are like good professors. Their focus is on education, teaching, and nurturing. #CMWorld
- — Jeremy Bednarski (@JeremyBednarski)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:13:21A2: I use @BrennerMichael's quote (paraphrasing): Don't interrupt what people are interested in. Be what people are interested in. #CMWorld https://twitter.com/CMIContent/status/793485504566222848 …
One way to help people understand content marketing is to show them great examples. What are your favorites to help get buy-in?
- — Lars Helgeson (@larshelgeson)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:18:40
- — Bridgette Klein (@BridgetteBKlein)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:18:44A3) at the risk of being too much of a "The Story of Content" fangirl, I typically talk about "Will it Blend" and Marcus Sheridan. #cmworld
- — Drew Eastmead (@dreweastmead)Tue, Nov 01 2016 16:18:55
How to Teach Content Marketing to Your Internal Teams: A #CMWorld Chat with Drew Eastmead
byContent Marketing Institute1 Like139 Views