- The day kicked off with opening addresses from Prof Hywel Thomas, Prof Justin Lewis and Sara Moseley of Cardiff University, welcoming delegates to Wales and giving a whistlestop tour of the work of C4CJ.
- — Community Journalism (@C4CJ)Wed, Sep 09 2015 09:27:15"The biggest portion of the day is hearing from community journalists... Hopefully by the end of the day, we'll have some conclusions" #CJ15
- — Port Talbot Magnet (@LNPTMagNet)Wed, Sep 09 2015 09:24:54
- Followed by a keynote speech from Dan Gillmor, Professor of Practice, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University and author of We the Media: Grassroots Journalism By the People, For the People and Mediactive.
- — LlandaffNorthPost (@LlandaffNorthP)Wed, Sep 09 2015 09:54:20
- Damian Radcliffe discussed his new report, Where are we now?, written for Cardiff University and Nesta and launched on the same day as the event.
- — Agnes Gulyas (@agulyas)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:07:02
- Then Kathryn Geels, Destination Local Programme Manager at Nesta, took to the stage to discuss their support of the hyperlocal sector.
- — Community Journalism (@C4CJ)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:14:21
- Then came the first of our Innovation Showcases, on Collaboration, including speakers Anthony Sheehan, Martin Wright and Neville Higman, Lee Hicken and Daniel Ionescu.
- — Emma Mackintosh (@NewsMackintosh)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:28:31
- — Simon Perry (@simonperry)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:40:49
- — John Baron (@johncbaron)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:50:41
- Then we heard from Simon Perry, Emma Meese and Miljenko Williams on the theme of Digital.
- — Mădălina Ciobanu (@madalinacrc)Wed, Sep 09 2015 10:58:21.@simonperry now talking about innovation at local website @onthewight. Some background here: https://www.journalism.co.uk/news/how-on-the-wight-is-experimenting-with-automation-in-news/s2/a566367/ … #CJ15
- — William Perrin (@willperrin)Wed, Sep 09 2015 11:06:01at #cj15 @onthewight remarkable software automated news production produced from DWP standardised news releases http://onthewight.com/2015/07/15/isle-of-wight-jsa-claimant-numbers/ …
#CJ15: Your thoughts and discussions
On Wednesday 9 September 2015, we held 'What next for community journalism?', a one-day ideas exchange in partnership with Nesta. Here we bring together many of the conversations throughout the day.