- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 17:11:26Charters must outperform comparable neighborhood school by 10 percent. 8 schools on warning list. 2 recommended for closure.
- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 17:45:58CPS proposes sexual health education to begin at kindergarten with "anatomy and physiology" lessons. HIV awareness to start in 5th grade.
- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 19:51:51Shabazz charter's leadership contests recommendation to close Dusable despite low test scores, say graduation rate higher than CPS average.
- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 19:59:24Are Shabazz GPAs inflated? District says high GPAs not sufficient or objective evidence charter is teaching students at high level.
- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 20:04:16No board members asked any questions about 129 neighborhood schools facing closure, but asking several questions about 2 charter closures.
- — Bryan Lowry (@BryanLowry3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 21:55:57Illinois Network of Charter Schools criticizes CPS for new charter accountability measures, says schools not given ample notice.
CPS takes tough stance on charter accountability
Chicago charter schools will be held to a tougher standard if the Chicago Board of Education approves the district's recommendation to place charters that do not outperform neighborhood schools on a warning list. Six charters have been placed on a warning list and two have been recommended to close.
byBryan Lowry215 Views