- For this twitter chat I visited the Lone Star State! They were having an awesome conversation about collaboration so I decided to join in! #TXeduchat, 5/3 @ 6 pm. Moderator: Colleen Graves
- — Karyn Lewis (@ktlewis14)Mon, May 04 2015 01:18:37A2: Collaboration starts w/ a willingness to share & listen to one another to get to a result that meets the needs of your Ss. #txeduchat
- I agree that collaboration starts with willingness. If people are closed off or think they have all the answers, then collaboration will be impossible.
- — Tom Kilgore (@Tom_Kilgore)Mon, May 04 2015 01:17:50
- I like the connection that Tom made between building good relationships with our fellow staff members and students. There is a lot of emphasis put on creating relationships with students to construct a more positive and productive learning environment, but building relationships with fellow staff to facilitate collaboration is just as important.
- Finding time to leave the classroom to collaborate is difficult, but essential. At my site we have monthly PLC days where we do PD or plan.
- — Colleen Graves (@gravescolleen)Mon, May 04 2015 01:30:43A4: School wide Twitter chats for Ts & Ss? Check this out: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/school-wide-twitter-chats-stephen-baker … #txeduchat
- I would love it if my site did a weekly or monthly twitter chat! I also think it would be beneficial if all of the math departments in the district had a twitter chat too!
- — Brooke Wiestling (@BrookeWiestling)Mon, May 04 2015 01:29:29A4: Use social media like Google+ communities so teachers can easily share resources/ideas #txeduchat
- I did a shout out to google+!!!
- Tech is an awesome way to collaborate. I love that my PLC has a folder on google drive where we share resources.
- — Bethany Hill (@bethhill2829)Mon, May 04 2015 01:31:58A4: An important thing to remember about staff collaboration is we can't use the excuse of no time to meet w/ technology today! #txeduchat
- Since its can be difficult for teachers to meet I think that technology is a great way to keep connected and collaborating.
- — Ryan Steele (@R_H_Steele)Mon, May 04 2015 01:42:19
- This was in response to a question asking what librarians can do to support teachers. I agree that digital citizenship is essential to teach students in today' society.
- In this class I have learned about many different technology tools to use myself and to help my students learn. I hope that my PD experiences are rich with information about new cutting edge educational technology too.
- — Mr. Rodriguez (@Tiger4n6)Mon, May 04 2015 01:51:40A7: I wish we had more time as a staff to share our struggles and successes in the classroom. This is great exp for learning. #txeduchat
- I learn a great deal from other teachers' experiences. I always get excited when a fellow teacher starts a sentence off with "Well this is what has worked for me..."
Twitter Chat- TXeduchat
For this twitter chat I visited the Lone Star State! They were having an awesome conversation about collaboration so I decided to join in! #TXeduchat, 5/3 @ 6 pm. Moderator: Colleen Graves
byBrooke Wiestling43 Views