Making a difference - June 2017 Theme
- This month we’re celebrating the amazing people who strive to make a difference to the world and those around them. By volunteering, being a supportive friend or by simply learning something new, you can add value to your local community.
- We hope the ideas on our dedicated Storify page encourage you to inspire others and make a positive difference here in Bristol.
- A workshop is also being help on Tuesday 18 July, 12.30pm - 1.30pm, at City Hall in Bristol for Learning Ambassadors, and those who are interested in supporting Learning City. Together we will develop ways in which we can collectively empower more people across the city to learn. If you're interested in attending, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's get curious and creative - May 2017 Theme
- Learning at Work Week is taking place from 15 May and provides a great opportunity to promote the value of learning in the workplace. The theme for 2017 is curious and creative.
- Throughout the week, a number of Bristol Learning City partners, Learning Ambassadors and supporting organisations will be working together to promote and celebrate the benefits of learning and development at work. A range of FREE events and activities will be available for the local workforce and people of Bristol, as well as participating organisations employees.
- Take a look at our dedicated Storify page for 10 ideas of how you can get involved with the week.
Spring into action - April 2017 Theme
- As this year's new season gets well and truly underway, we have some great events, initiatives and projects for you to get involved with. From pledging an experience of work opportunity for a young person, to playing chess in your local library, there are lots of ways to keep you busy this spring!
- Find out more by visiting our dedicated Storify page.
Learning in the Community - March 2017 Theme
- One of the areas that Bristol Learning City is seeking to collectively address is Learning in the Community.
- The newly established Challenge Group focuses on encouraging everyone in Bristol to value learning, whilst delivering activity to tackle inequality and identified priorities across the city.
- Find out more about the new Challenge Group and how you could learn something new in the city by visiting our dedicated Storify page:
Environmental Learning Opportunities for All − February 2017 Theme
- Since holding the title of European Green Capital in 2015, learning about the environment and sustainability continues to grow across Bristol. We’re keen to empower citizens to drive positive changes in their local communities to reflect the green image that is imbedded in the city’s reputation.
January 2017 Theme
- Bristol Learning City shares a vision where everyone has the opportunity to be successful. In becoming a fairer city, we must make sure opportunities in life are not defined by personal backgrounds or economic circumstances.