Role Models - December 2017 Theme
- This month we’ve launched a new campaign to encourage members of the business community to become role models by applying for school governor or trustee roles. By being a school governor you can support young people to fulfil their potential and help them to improve their life chances.
- Find out more about the role and how to sign up at our dedicated Storify page.
Inspiring Bristol - November 2017 Theme
- As a Learning City we champion learning as a way to transform lives. Our Learning City partners and Learning Ambassadors are committed to inspiring everyone, of all ages and from all communities, in all parts of the city to learn something new.
- Visit our dedicated Storify page for 10 top tips on how to motivate and inspire people to learn.
Mayor calls for more Bristolians to become Learning City Ambassadors
- Last night (2 November) an event took place in the Arnolfini bringing existing Learning Ambassadors together to strengthen the network, celebrate the role that ambassadors are playing and plan for the year ahead.
- There are currently 160 people volunteering as ambassadors in Bristol, from many different walks of life and communities from across the city.
- Mayor Marvin Rees is now calling for more people to support Bristol Learning City by becoming ambassadors and share their experiences about how learning has changed their lives.
- Find out more:
Creating a culture of learning
- October 2017 Theme
- Encouraging a culture within communities in which learning is accessible to and valued by everyone is one of our key Learning City priorities.
- Our Learning Ambassador programme was launched in 2016 and it has already helped us to reach and inspire many people in the city to get involved in learning.
- Over recent months we have been developing the role of our Ambassadors in order to create an ever-more effective network that makes the most of individual skills and passion.
- With this is mind, we'd like to invite all of our Learning Ambassadors to an event, hosted by the Mayor, on Thursday 2 November from 5.30pm – 7.00pm at the Light Room, Arnolfini.
This will provide a chance to celebrate and relaunch the role of our Learning Ambassadors as well as hear from other passionate learners. We want to use this opportunity to tell you more about the revised role and to ask for your help in shaping a learning event in January 2018.
- To confirm your attendance, please book your place as soon as possible through Eventbrite:
- To find out more about this months theme, please visit:
Learning beyond the classroom - Summer 2017 Theme