Spring into action - April 2017 Theme
- As this year's new season gets well and truly underway, we have some great events, initiatives and projects for you to get involved with. From pledging an experience of work opportunity for a young person, to playing chess in your local library, there are lots of ways to keep you busy this spring!
- Find out more by visiting our dedicated Storify page.
Learning in the Community - March 2017 Theme
- One of the areas that Bristol Learning City is seeking to collectively address is Learning in the Community.
- The newly established Challenge Group focuses on encouraging everyone in Bristol to value learning, whilst delivering activity to tackle inequality and identified priorities across the city.
- Find out more about the new Challenge Group and how you could learn something new in the city by visiting our dedicated Storify page:
Environmental Learning Opportunities for All − February 2017 Theme
- Since holding the title of European Green Capital in 2015, learning about the environment and sustainability continues to grow across Bristol. We’re keen to empower citizens to drive positive changes in their local communities to reflect the green image that is imbedded in the city’s reputation.
Bristol wins international award a as Learning City
- We are delighted to say that Bristol is one of just 16 cities worldwide to win an international award from the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL) for its work as a Learning City. Well done to everyone who has been involved with the Bristol Learning City Partnership so far.
- Bristol will officially collect the award at a ceremony in September. The ‘Love Learning’ campaign used to launch the partnership was particularly praised by judges.