Creating a culture of learning - October 2017 Theme
- Encouraging a culture within communities in which learning is accessible to and valued by everyone is one of our key Learning City priorities.
- We want to help increase knowledge and understanding about access and participation in learning, as well as raise aspirations.
- To achieve this ambition we recognise that we need a network of people who can help us to share and promote the life-changing power of learning.
- Take a look at our dedicated Storify page to find out about our Learning Ambassador programme and how we're relaunching it:
UNESCO International Conference on Learning Cities 2017
- The International Conference on Learning Cities 2017 took place in Cork, Ireland on 18-20 September.
- Over 600 global representatives attended the conference to discuss how lifelong learning supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals at a local level.
- During the conference, Bristol was presented with UNESCO's Learning City Award 2017 – one of only 16 cities worldwide to win the award.
- Councillor Claire Hiscott, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, also exhibited Bristol's Learning City to the delegates and was a panellist member for one of the plenary sessions which discussed the successful ways of implementing and measuring the impact of local actions for sustainable development.
- Take a look at some of the highlights of the conference below: