Role Models - December 2017 Theme
- This month we've launched a new campaign to encourage members of the business community to become role models by applying for school governor or trustee roles. By being a school governor you can support young people to fulfil their potential and help them to improve their life chances.
- Find out more about the role and how to sign up at our dedicated Storify page.
Inspiring Bristol - November 2017 Theme
- As a Learning City we champion learning as a way to transform lives. Our Learning City partners and Learning Ambassadors are committed to inspiring everyone, of all ages and from all communities, in all parts of the city to learn something new.
- Visit our dedicated Storify page for 10 top tips on how to motivate and inspire people to learn.
Creating a culture of learning - October 2017 Theme
- Encouraging a culture within communities in which learning is accessible to and valued by everyone is one of our key Learning City priorities.
- We want to help increase knowledge and understanding about access and participation in learning, as well as raise aspirations.
- To achieve this ambition we recognise that we need a network of people who can help us to share and promote the life-changing power of learning.
- Take a look at our dedicated Storify page to find out about our Learning Ambassador programme and how we're relaunching it:
UNESCO International Conference on Learning Cities 2017
- The International Conference on Learning Cities 2017 took place in Cork, Ireland on 18-20 September.
- Over 600 global representatives attended the conference to discuss how lifelong learning supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals at a local level.
- During the conference, Bristol was presented with UNESCO's Learning City Award 2017 – one of only 16 cities worldwide to win the award.
- Councillor Claire Hiscott, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, also exhibited Bristol's Learning City to the delegates and was a panellist member for one of the plenary sessions which discussed the successful ways of implementing and measuring the impact of local actions for sustainable development.
- Take a look at some of the highlights of the conference below: