1. What is/was the biggest hurdle between you and extended travel?
- — BootsnAll Travel (@BootsnAll)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:37:32A1: My wife found a blog of an American couple who we related to. Once we started reading more about it, we were hooked. #rtwchat
2. Where did you get the idea to take an extended, rtw trip?
- — Zooadventurer (@conradzoo)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:39:45Sitting under my desk while my colleagues tried to congratulate me for my birthday, thinking „I have to get out of this place!” #rtwchat A2
- — Olivia Raymer (@poweredbytofu)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:37:08
3. What interests(ed) you about long term, rtw travel?
- — TravelShus (@travelshus)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:45:25A3: the ability to not think about going back to work when traveling. full immersion. and a whole year just the two of us... #rtwchat
- — BootsnAll Travel (@BootsnAll)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:43:36A3: We felt like something was missing. Weren't unhappy with our lives, but we wanted more. It just felt right. #rtwchat
- — Olivia Raymer (@poweredbytofu)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:44:14
- — Traveling 9 to 5 (@traveling9to5)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:47:28A3: The unknown, nothing gets easy with long term travel - every day raises a new adventure/problem/question. #rtwchat
4. How long did/do you hope to travel for on your rtw trip?
- — Traveling 9 to 5 (@traveling9to5)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:49:23
- — Travel Rich (@Travel_Rich)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:52:19A4 Nine months. Which, in my mind before I left, meant an eternity. I was ready to go again after about 25 mins back home. #rtwchat
5. Hostels, hotels, rentals, camping, homestays, or couchsurfing? Why?
- — Another Traveler (@AnotherTraveler)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:55:11Q5 #rtwchat why not? as long as you have fun, and meet new people whether in a hostel, hotel, camper, RV where ever! it doesn't matter
- — Traveling 9 to 5 (@traveling9to5)Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:57:11
- — Traveling 9 to 5 (@traveling9to5)Wed, Jul 18 2012 13:02:21