1. What’s the most important consideration when planning your route for a RTW trip?
- — BootsnAll Travel (@BootsnAll)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:31:31A1: For our trip, we chose 5 must-see destinations that shaped our route. We then planned around those and our budget. #rtwchat
- — Cornelius Aesop (@CorneliusAesop)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:45:05
2. How does weather impact your route planning for a RTW trip?
- — Steph (@StepheeTravels)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:39:06A2 I try to hit the same sort of weather together so I dont have to constantly change hoodies for bikinis in the backpack #rtwchat
- — Cornelius Aesop (@CorneliusAesop)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:46:22
3. High season, low season, or shoulder season? Why?
- — Micki & Charles (@BarefootNomads)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:46:36@BootsnAll Shoulder season! Discounts, few crowds, and most attractions are open. #rtwchat http://www.thebarefootnomad.com/travel-tips/what-is-shoulder-season-why-shoulder-season-travel-rocks-my-world/ …otnomad.com/travel-tips/what-is-shoulder-season-why-shoulder-season-travel-rocks-my-world/
- — Cornelius Aesop (@CorneliusAesop)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:49:21A3: shoulder or low if you can for big tourist spots. High is fine for less popular places that won't have a major price hike#RTW #RTWchat
- — Steph (@StepheeTravels)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:50:26A3 shoulder, quieter, but still able to experience it. Not too busy or quiet, not too expensive but things are still open! #rtwchat
- — Bethany & Ted (@twoOregonians)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:50:49We loved low-season Croatia: €18 rooms & clear beaches http://twooregonians.com/2012/06/apartment-in-croatia-beachfront-hideaway/ ….com/2BootsnAllartment-in-croatia-beachfront-hideaway/ rtwchattsnAll Q3 High, low, or shoulder season? Why? #rtwchat
4. RTW plane ticket or point to point? Why?
- — Bethany & Ted (@twoOregonians)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:55:01A4 We paid cash for miles to purchase Star Alliance RTW tickets: super-cheap. Savings made it worth it. Otherwise, point to point #rtwchat
- — Off The Path Travel (@OTPTravel)Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:55:29A4: Point to point, but you should travel by land as much as possible. Infinitely more interesting than flying. #rtwchat
5. What continents do you plan on visiting?