- Interested debaters signed up days before the debate and online buzz ahead of the event promised a fun time would be had by all.
- — #AccraFoodHack (@essense_13)Mon, Oct 12 2015 19:19:58
- — Kajsa Hallberg Adu (@kajsaha)Tue, Oct 13 2015 16:09:42
- — JJ. Omojuwa (@Omojuwa)Tue, Oct 13 2015 16:10:58Kajsa, no debates after the results. Nigeria already won the #JollofDebate https://twitter.com/kajsaha/status/653965848063909888 …
- — Victoria Okoye (@victoria_okoye)Tue, Oct 13 2015 19:05:38#NigerianJollof wins. #JollofDebate :) Wish my mom could make her lipsmacking jollof for everybody; it'd be #TheEnd https://twitter.com/kajsaha/status/653965848063909888 …
- Judges from Kenya and Ivory Coast were recruited to serve as impartial referees for the hotly contested debate.
The #JollofDebate : Ghana vrs Nigeria
On UN World Food Day, 16 October, 2015, esSense 13 hosted an online debate between Nigerian and Ghanaian jollof enthusiasts