- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 21:57:40in a few minutes I'll be joining @BloggersOC for a chat about food blogging! #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/BloggersOC/status/760943829155454977 …
- We started with a hard-hitting question about misconceptions.
- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:03:08A1.Blogging is work! Ppl underestimate what it takes to document meals, capture great photos, test recipes, social media etc. #bloggersoc
- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:04:55Yup. A lot of us are regular home cooks who were passionate enough to blog about it :) #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/SamsRamblings/status/760959358133952512 …
- Next up we asked about challenges.
- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:12:08A2. Consistency is challenging. Creative energy doesn't always flow at the same rate you'd like to publish content :) #bloggersoc
- — Lopè A. (@LopeAriyo)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:14:03
- Following that came a question about setting yourself up for success.
- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:23:16A3. A website (your own domain!) A camera you know how to operate (starting out, doesn't have to be fancy.) An interesting POV. #bloggersoc
- — Petty LaBelle (@alaurice)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:28:32The ability to captivate your audience, a unique perspective, a bad ass eye. #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/bloggersoc/status/760963516710944768 …
- Next we asked Angela more about her personal blogging story.
- — The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis)Wed, Aug 03 2016 22:35:01A4. Posting photos of dinners to FB & sharing recipes on Twitter led to establishing a food blog to have content in one place! #bloggersoc
Bloggers of Colour Twitter Chat: Food Edition
On August 3 we hosted a Twitter chat with self-taught home cook, food blogger and recipe developer Angela Davis of The Kitchenista Diaries.