- The first question was about good financial decisions
- — Danetha Doe (@DanethaDoe)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:02:39
- — Ya Girl Brittany (@xobritdear)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:03:20A1: read "I will teach you to be rich" by ramit sethi #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/BloggersOC/status/725429445113208832 …
- — Germeen G. (@YourlifeFinance)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:03:23A1: match my employers contribution to my retirement, automate my savings, build an emergency fund. #bloggersoc
- Next up it was time to get some advice for others
- — Danetha Doe (@DanethaDoe)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:12:36
- — Danetha Doe (@DanethaDoe)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:16:05A2: Once you know your net-worth, and everything is in one place, then you can take action. But, you have to know it first. #bloggersoc
- — Merrell-Ann Maloney (@trousseaudiary)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:16:48@BloggersOC track your income and expenditure, excel is brill for this. Use this to assess where further savings can be made.
- — Chánels Beauty Bible (@CBeautyBible)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:12:49To start saving immediately, u never know what unexpected things might happen where u will need the 💸 #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/bloggersoc/status/725431869521588225 …
- — The Black Mannequin (@BLACKMNQN)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:12:50
- — The Black Mannequin (@BLACKMNQN)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:16:53
- — Jazz Ayers (@jazzayers)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:18:09
- — Germeen G. (@YourlifeFinance)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:13:43A2:get organized, set financial goals, track your spending,automate your savings, create a budget, establish an emergency fund. #bloggersoc
- — Ya Girl Brittany (@xobritdear)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:16:21Automating savings and committing to not stop the deposit, or dip into the fund (i've done bone before) #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/YourlifeFinance/status/725432763466276865 …
- — Imperfect Concepts ™ (@imperfctconcept)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:15:57Go old school. Pen + paper. Know what you bring in to the penny. Know your debts. Get a buddy to help #bloggersoc https://twitter.com/BloggersOC/status/725431869521588225 …
- — Wordsmith. ` (@TheFredaLee)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:21:14
- And of course we had to talk about bad financial decisions too...
- — Danetha Doe (@DanethaDoe)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:23:17A3: The biggest $ mistake I see is not reviewing their finances consistently. Pick one day each week to sit down and review it. #bloggersoc
- — Danetha Doe (@DanethaDoe)Wed, Apr 27 2016 21:27:09A3: A good $ decision for me, may be a bad one for you. & vice-versa. It's only a mistake if the decision has a poor intention. #bloggersoc
Bloggers of Colour Twitter Chat: Finance Edition
On April 27 2016, Bloggers of Colour decided it was about time to get everyone's finances in order, and so we held a Twitter chat with personal finance expert Danetha Doe.