- — The White House (@WhiteHouse)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:31:29President Obama on Nelson Mandela: "A man who took history in his hands, and bent the arc of the moral universe toward justice."
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:00:50he loved freedom for all ,over freedom for himself and be it by violence in the face of empire , or reconciliation in the face of revenge
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:52:25We need to know that he wasn't just a radical . He told younger activists to embrace all true anti-apartheid activists regardless of race
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:03:10We need to know because next week they will tell you your rage isn't productive , they will tell you to ignore complexity for demagogy
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:05:00And when they say loving who you are enough to be violent when it costs you material things and welcoming when it may leave you alone
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:08:59class-snuggle: His body isn’t even cold yet and the New York times has already put out a shameful article... http://tmblr.co/ZbYKKy10NnfaR
- — Dan Holzman-Tweed (@HolzmanTweed)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:26:09@Blackamazon And we need to acknolwedge that he had every right not to be peaceful, and no white had any business telling him otherwise.
- — Nocciola Nazgul (@deluxvivens)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:09:04People? Anti apartheid WAS REAL in these african diaspora streets.Mighty Sparrow's song "Invade South Africa" http://youtu.be/clr4oBZ2gf8
- — Sydette (@Blackamazon)Fri, Dec 06 2013 02:00:29None of them went through that NONE . Nobody gave their last words multiple times because they knew how little a black life was worth
My Mandela Tweets
bySydette4 Likes1,008 Views