- — Trendinalia USA (@trendinaliaUS)Mon, Sep 08 2014 21:43:11
- — Beverly Gooden (@bevtgooden)Mon, Sep 08 2014 15:44:19Domestic violence victims often find it difficult to leave abusers http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20120108/ARTICLES/120109857 … #WhyIStayed
- — Beverly Gooden (@bevtgooden)Mon, Sep 08 2014 15:45:51All these folks trashing women for staying in abusive situations have NO clue what happens the moment you reach for a door handle.
- — Beverly Gooden (@bevtgooden)Mon, Sep 08 2014 15:48:31I stayed because my pastor told me that God hates divorce. It didn't cross my mind that God might hate abuse, too. #WhyIStayed
- — Beverly Gooden (@bevtgooden)Mon, Sep 08 2014 15:53:38I stayed because I was halfway across the country, isolated from my friends and family. And there was no one to help me. #WhyIStayed
- — Cake Dealer (@IModelontheWknd)Mon, Sep 08 2014 16:10:50People who say "why doesn't she just leave" don't know anything about DV... The night I left my husband he had a gun to my head @ReaganGomez
- — Paris Hatcher (@parishatcher)Mon, Sep 08 2014 21:04:00As a Blk queer radical feminist activist I was afraid 2 tell community I was living the reality I was trying to dismantle #WhyIStayed
- — Brittney Shackelford (@5ft_Hurricane)Mon, Sep 08 2014 21:05:11He threated to take my son, made me feel like I deserved it and made me feel ashamed it even happened #WhyIStayed
- — Erin Elizabeth (@ErinWehrenberg)Mon, Sep 08 2014 21:58:52Felt embarrassing to know it was happening because of internalized victim blaming--"you're too "smart" for that!" #WhyIStayed
- — Gabourey Sidibe (@GabbySidibe)Mon, Sep 08 2014 23:00:08I should be paying attention to the scene I'm shooting but I'm reading all of the #WhyIStayed tweets instead.
Many ask why a victim of violence stays, well... we answered.
byBeverly Gooden1,736 Views