Mormon History Association's 2013 Annual Conference
Held in Layton, Utah, June 2013.
- The preparation.
- — ChurchHistoryLibrary (@LDS_CH_Library)Wed, Jun 05 2013 11:46:35
- — Max Perry Mueller (@maxperrymueller)Thu, Jun 06 2013 09:33:55
- — Benjamin Knoll (@benjaminknoll28)Thu, Jun 06 2013 17:39:26I hope all these fine historians don't mind this political scientist presenting at their #mha2013 conference this weekend...
- Festivities begin with an opening program.
- — Christopher Jones (@ccjones13)Thu, Jun 06 2013 18:29:47
- — Christopher Jones (@ccjones13)Thu, Jun 06 2013 19:02:53Any good research on decline of Great Salt Lake as tourist destination? Mentioned briefly in opening session of #mha2013. Seems fascinating.
- First full day of sessions: Friday, May 7.
- — Jessica Liening (@jliening)Fri, Jun 07 2013 05:59:30
- Openning session: Sally Gordon, "Mormon Polygamy and Criminal Law Enforcement."
- — Joseph Stuart (@jstuart87)Fri, Jun 07 2013 07:21:20Gordon: Perjury is VERY difficult to prosecute, hard to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt--this proved to be in LDS favor. #MHA2013
- — Joseph Stuart (@jstuart87)Fri, Jun 07 2013 07:31:04Gordon: Federal persecutions for polygamy did not end with the Manifesto. Mormons learned to exploit the weaknesses of legal system #MHA2013
- — Benjamin Park (@BenjaminEPark)Fri, Jun 07 2013 07:34:25One polygamous family forced to flee to Mexico named their child Lucy Exile. I bet she had a hard time in elementary school! #MHA2013
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.