- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:01:28Stop the "have a baby & your life is over" narrative. Not just for young girls, but ALL women: there's NO NEED to put your life on hold ...
- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:02:16... you CAN be a mother & achieve your hopes & dreams. Your baby is not a barrier. It's just a baby. Yes it's hard. But guess what: life is!
- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:40:35Perhaps you started off benefits/welfare like me, @Thelostwitch & JK Rowling?? How did you pursue your dreams AFTER you had kids?
- — Jill Rattray (@jtrattray)Mon, May 20 2013 11:53:28@Bang2write I also think its makes some girls. They have to grow up, take responsibility (unlike me who still dodges it at 37!)
- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:04:23Look at your child, so full of hope & possibilities & potential. Beautiful, isn't s/he? That's how your parents felt about you. So get going
- — Ashley J Wills (@AshleyWills)Mon, May 20 2013 12:49:30@Bang2write I suppose it's easy to forget you hold the same promise to your folks as your children do for you. It's just life's cycle.
- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:26:30Not just uni or training either ... I'd like to hear from ALL young parents who went for their dreams, whatever that entailed. Over to you!
- — Mimi Thebo (@MimiThebo)Mon, May 20 2013 12:04:57@Bang2write And the rewards are so immeasurably immense. Being a writer AND a mother makes me happier than I ever dreamed I would be...
- — CatherineJohnson (@catwrote)Mon, May 20 2013 13:10:18
- — Rachel Bublitz (@RachelBublitz)Mon, May 20 2013 16:15:17@Bang2write I didn't even start writing plays until I had an 18 month old and a 3 year old. Having them pushes me to be better!
- — Jan Caston (@jancaston)Mon, May 20 2013 12:14:53@Bang2write x Lucy. Not just for those "in the know" is it? Babies/cancer! Being aware how life can alter in a flash helps when it happens.
- — Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write)Mon, May 20 2013 12:34:53
- — Josie Hicks (@JustJosieHicks)Mon, May 20 2013 12:36:21
- — Hayley Treacy Pepler (@hayleysaidthat)Mon, May 20 2013 19:09:09
- — CatherineJohnson (@catwrote)Mon, May 20 2013 13:20:46
On Parenthood & Following Your Dreams
... Because being a parent means you have EVEN MORE REASON to follow your hopes & dreams. It's not a barrier; it's a baby. Show them what you can do and inspire them in turn.
byLucy V Hay150 Views