- James K.A. Smith hosted the first of six video conference sessions with student editors on May 27, 2015.
- The topic: What does success look like for your journals?
- 16 students joined us from over 11 colleges!
(Including: Brown University, California Polytechnic State University, Claremont Colleges, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Middlebury College, Swarthmore College, Williams College, and Yale University.)
- Smith offered principles on how to bear witness intellectually to the Christian faith in a secular context and a secular age.
- Smith exhorted the journals to engage with the intellectual climate of their campuses:
- He also championed beauty, art, and winsomeness:
- He spoke eloquently on persuasion:
- Finally, he talked about the journals' work as a "long game"...