- — Andrew Exum (@abumuqawama)Wed, Aug 13 2014 23:34:371. One of the things that has always bothered me most about states rights libertarians is that in American history, state and local ...
- — Andrew Exum (@abumuqawama)Wed, Aug 13 2014 23:35:272. ... governments have often been the ones most effective at suppressing the rights of Americans, specifically African-Americans ...
- — Andrew Exum (@abumuqawama)Wed, Aug 13 2014 23:36:213. ... while it has often been the federal government that has stepped in -- from Little Rock to New Orleans -- to restore both order ...
- — Josh Weinberg (@josh_weinberg)Tue, Aug 12 2014 17:57:52@abumuqawama its a pic so who knows but why have your weapons pointed at a guy like that? Mil tactic would be to stay low ready
- — Jason Fritz (@JasonFritz1)Wed, Aug 13 2014 23:38:55As someone who studies policing in conflict, what's going on Ferguson isn't just immoral and probably unconstitutional, it's ineffective.
- — James Skylar Gerrond (@JimmySky)Wed, Aug 13 2014 23:45:36In the USAF, we did crowd control and riot training every year. Lesson 1: Your mere presence has the potential to escalate the situation.
- — jeffclement (@jeffclement)Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:03:43A few people have pointed it out, but our ROE regarding who we could point weapons at in Afghanistan was more restrictive than cops in MO.
- — Dan Bramos (@CaptainAwwsum)Thu, Aug 14 2014 00:07:03I don't know how it was in IRQ and AFG, but in Bosnia we had less firepower while on patrol than the copsFergusonguson
- — Phillip Carter (@inteldump)Thu, Aug 14 2014 00:14:08
- — Adam Weinstein (@AdamWeinstein)Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:00:08Police have tons of mil gear, but they're not exactly "militarized." I know of plenty of line infantry units more compassionate than this.
- — Cardozorolled (@Cardozorolled)Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:06:42@AdamWeinstein Also, we contained riots in Baghdad next to mosques with less violence than the police are employing.
- — cdrsalamander (@cdrsalamander)Wed, Aug 13 2014 03:09:52A manifestation of a fascist mentality. This is a great American shame. http://www.businessinsider.com/police-militarization-ferguson-2014-8 …
- — Broken Handmic (@13F2PL7)Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:03:50A lot of vets, me included, would go to Ferguson and gladly teach some classes on crowd control and patrolling You are fucking it up.
- — Broken Handmic (@13F2PL7)Thu, Aug 14 2014 02:07:16I leveled my weapon twice overseas. Leveled. Not fired. I had legit threats and went through proper EOF. Stop fucking up, Ferguson PD.
Veterans on Ferguson
The general consensus here: if this is militarization, it's the shittiest, least-trained, least professional military in the world, using weapons far beyond what they need, or what the military would use when doing crowd control.
byKelsey D Atherton39 Likes467,966 Views