- The first answer: Tamil Tigers had an airforce! Of course they did. Lots of people recommended this one.
- — Kelsey D. Atherton (@AthertonKD)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:09:08
- Some WWII airforces supported by Allies showed up
- — Kelsey D. Atherton (@AthertonKD)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:08:48This looks like a maybe re: insurgent airforces RT @chrisargyris: @AthertonKD http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_Insurgent_Air_Force …
- — Kelsey D. Atherton (@AthertonKD)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:16:30@MatthewRWallin looking less at pilots that joined other militaries, more for rebel groups that used aircraft on their own
- — Matthew Wallin (@MatthewRWallin)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:21:11@AthertonKD There were still units operating as the Polish Air Force and not as the RAF or French Air Force http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Air_Forces_in_France_and_Great_Britain …
- Biafra (a short-lived state I admittedly didn't know about) also had a strong showing.
- Plus a smattering of other conflicts
- — Emma Yottie (@EmmaYottie)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:14:16
- — Drunk Predator Drone (@drunkenpredator)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:11:33@AthertonKD Didn't some Syrian Islamist insurgent faction snag a few Czech-made ground attack fighters?
- — Armin Rosen (@ArminRosen)Tue, Jan 07 2014 22:19:15
Under Insurgent Skies
Inspired by the Rebel Alliance (as I usually am) I wondered if any other insurgencies ever had an airforce. Turns out the answer is yes!
byKelsey D Atherton423 Views