- I stumbled upon the #WIPjoy hashtag on Twitter at the beginning of June and decided I had to participate :-). The idea is that each day in June, you post a bit about the book you're currently writing, using the below as a guide...
- So of course I had to take part! Here's a compilation of my #WIPjoy tweets for my Swan Lake retelling, MIDNIGHT SWAN :-D
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Sun, Jun 05 2016 16:57:01
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Mon, Jun 06 2016 14:49:51#WIPjoy D6: I share flaws w several of my chars: Kali's inability to ask for help, Uma's relentless perfectionism, Brendan's cluelessness...
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Thu, Jun 09 2016 14:01:35#WIPjoy D9: I'd want to be roommates with Kali's roommate, Ava,bc she's sweet, tidy,&patient enough to put up with Kali, so I'd be no issue😊
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Sat, Jun 11 2016 15:00:38#WIPjoy D11: Minor character. Kali's roommate, Ava, is a music-loving hipster, and I'm pretty sure she had a crush on Kali at one point 😊
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Mon, Jun 13 2016 14:09:54#WIPjoy D13: At the beginning, Kali is rather unlikable and morally gray. By the end, she's chosen what kind of person she wants to be
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Wed, Jun 15 2016 14:04:24#WIPjoy 15: I've been obsessed with Swan Lake since I was 3, and I wanted to write a girl antihero. Ergo, black swan retelling. Also, MAGIC!
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Mon, Jun 20 2016 01:07:24#WIPjoy 17: Kali makes me proud by the end by finally confronting her demons instead of running from them, even though it costs her
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Mon, Jun 20 2016 01:11:59#WIPjoy 19 - No contagonist for 2 reasons: Kali's curse prevents her from telling anyone about it, and she's allergic to asking for help
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Mon, Jun 20 2016 18:31:57#WIPjoy 20(coffee is food!) I swallow a mouthful of iced coffee—a rich,bittersweet blend whose every sip tastes like a splash of wakefulness
- — Mary Fan (@AstralColt)Wed, Jun 22 2016 14:06:59#WIPjoy 22: A rock ballad billows from the speakers, and, though it’s early, the air is already thick with the smells of beer and bodies.
A monthlong Twitter celebration of works-in-progress
byMary Fan72 Views