- — Fenner Pearson (@fennerpearson)Tue, Jan 20 2015 23:50:41So, now everyone has gone to bed, I can reveal that I'm going to the Kraftwerk conference, tomorrow. My main concerns, right now are:
- — Jonathan Shecter (@SheckyGreen)Wed, Jan 21 2015 00:58:51Getting acclimated to the austere climate of Birmingham, UK and Aston University—not far from Villa Park. Kraftwerk nerd-fest in the morn!
- — leon trimble (@leolodreamland)Wed, Jan 21 2015 09:06:22Kraftwerk Konferenz - two days of techno talks. — listening to Techno at Aston University http://fb.me/1MA2V6wmG
- — Jonathan Shecter (@SheckyGreen)Wed, Jan 21 2015 13:22:40First impressions of Kraftwerk academic conference: it's like being in college, with a curriculum devoted to one incredible musical group.
- — Jonathan Shecter (@SheckyGreen)Wed, Jan 21 2015 13:24:51Fairly sure I'm the only American who traveled here (Birmingham) for this, so I'm repping my country. Feels good to nerd out internationally
- — Jonathan Shecter (@SheckyGreen)Wed, Jan 21 2015 13:30:50We've been building thru the early "Ralf und Florian" albums, and we detoured to discuss Cabaret Voltaire for 45 minutes (a bit too long).
- — Jonathan Shecter (@SheckyGreen)Wed, Jan 21 2015 13:32:48Of course I eagerly await our discussion of the Computer World/Bambaataa era, during which I will hold forth on the finer points of the funk
- — Aston University (@AstonUniversity)Wed, Jan 21 2015 15:33:31
Industrielle Volksmusik for the Twenty-First Century - Aston University, January 2015