- DJ SWAMI produced cutting edge live electronica whilst the finest musicians of Punjab brought the audience raw, traditional sounds straight from the fields of Punjab. Traditional folk songs featured, including the love story of "Heer" and the classic "Jugni". The combination of these two sounds symbolised a meeting of worlds, a celebration of Diaspora and the union of music - something that goes beyond time, land and culture. The multi-talented Punjabi musicians were Vijay Yamla, grandson of legendary Yamla Jatt, Naresh Kukki, Dheera Singh and Gurtej Singh.
- The show was accompanied with stunning live visuals by John Minton
- ...The crowd awaited in anticipation
The audience were brought the MAGIC of traditional Punjabi instruments including the dhol and tumbi as well as the hypnotic sound of the alghoza - an unusual double flute.
- Vijay Yamla on the alghoza. Did you know that the alghoza can be scaled to any tune with the use of beeswax?
The audience reaction to PunjabTronix was immense!
One session of the gig was NO WAY near enough!
- Check out this clip of "Jugni" to know what we mean...
- Yes. Music has the power to transport one to another land, another place...