- And that's all folks. As Paul McCartney closes the show, the athletes are heading to bed, and so are we. Check out London24.com for more news from the ceremony and the Games.
- — Libby Martin (@lmartin1990)Fri, Jul 27 2012 16:09:08'Welcome to London... to the 2012 Olympic Games. I've never been so proud to be British & a part of the Olympic movement' #OpeningCeremony
- So the athletes have paraded, and now Arctic Monkeys are singing I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor, while some fireworks go off.
- — Carmel Lawless (@Carmel_Lawless)Fri, Jul 27 2012 15:32:15Its a bit like eurovision: long list of countries you want to pay respect to... But really you're just waiting for blighty #openingceremony
- — David Kempster (@David_Kempster)Fri, Jul 27 2012 14:55:34
- — London 2012 (@London2012)Fri, Jul 27 2012 14:08:26British scientist & Londoner Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web - good news for Frankie and June (and us!) #OpeningCeremony