- Complete schedule listed above of expert speakers from academia, government and non-government food policy organizations, professional kitchens, and more.
- I crashed in DC the night before and got to the NMAH around 8:30; what better way to kill time waiting for the doors to open than a self-guided tour of the Victory Garden on the property?
- SESSION 1: THE POLITICS OF FOOD
9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
How is food political, and why does it matter? Setting the terms and themes for the day.
- With NPR's Dan Charles moderating, the questions were incivisive and provocative:
- Lots of meditation on what food revolutions look like, both past and present:
- We also talked about challenges and causes for hope:
- Another major theme was consumers and their role in food politics; my twitter question was even read aloud to add fuel to the fire!!