- My partner, Mai, and I were very excited for the TSH so we started off the day tweeting about it.
- — Amina El Khadem (@AminaElKhadem)Wed, Mar 04 2015 11:53:13
- Before the TSH started, a few of us participated in a vine that clearly showed that we knew nothing of what we were about to
- As soon as we were given the tasks we went running to the plaza to start the hunt. Our first task was to find a "Professor on the street" and ask if social media plays a role in social change.
- Most students get their news from social media or by asking their peers, therefore it was difficult to find students who claim to get their news from somewhere else.
- Nour mentioned that these days not a lot of people watch the news, there are apps now used so we could check the news while we are on our way to university.
- The yellow box, ICGE is a club in AUC that contributes to academic research and learning. We interviewed Noha Adel, a member, and she enlightened us with the things ICGE could contribute to the AUC community.
- Pakinam Khalil, a student in AUC, stated that there is a student office in the BEC department that helps students with registration instead of just going to the department.
- I found this statement to be very interesting since I never knew about that even though my major is IMC. #littleknownfact
- The plaza is a place where all the booths for clubs are found, there are many clubs found on campus for example; academic, physical, and life skills.
- Unfortunately, a student is not pleased with the extracurricular activities in the university and calls them "traditional".
- After we finished our interview with Hossam about the extracurricular activities, we interviewed Mohamed Salmi who is a member of the AUC 11 a-side football team. Salmi claimed that he loves the game and enjoys sports in general. #AUCfootball
- While we were running around campus trying to find some sort of school spirit, we found some people by the Student Union booth playing the local drum so we asked them to give AUC a shout out, enjoy the video!
- I spotted Menna buying something from Tarwi2a so I asked her if it was her favorite place to eat on campus or not, she replied; "I love Tarwi2a, it has a variety of ready made sandwiches and a fast service". #AUCfood
Twitter Scavenger Hunt at AUC (Spring 2015)
For the first time ever, Mai and I participated in a Twitter Scavenger Hunt which meant actively using twitter for 75 minutes straight. This assignment allowed me to closely observe the university as a reporter since we were given ten tasks that required us to move around looking for answers.
byAmina El Khadem54 Views