A team from Allens volunteered their time this weekend to mentor students participating in the Disrupting Law hackathon, run by The Legal Forecast and QUT Starters. Associate Brydon Wang and law graduate Sidney Sneddon took over the Allens Twitter account to report on the event.
- Seven Allens lawyers joined forces with four university students from different universities to design an idea to disrupt the business and practice of law.
- Also featuring a sneaky cameo appearance by our Blockchain Reaction report.
- The Allens team came up with the idea of disrupting the continuing professional development/CPD landscape for lawyers using gamification, adaptable surveys and robo-mentors
- Our superstar Allens mentees did a great job pitching their idea, CPD Express!
- Congratulations to the winners of the hackathon, who designed Rent Aware, a platform to manage end-to-end comms in landlord-tenant relationships and ensure each party knows their rights and responsibilities.
- And thanks to The Legal Forecast for having us! We were inspired by our mentees and the next generation of legal innovators.