For Productivity and Efficiency
- When asked "How are you using technology and digital resources to be more productive?" most participants responded with some combination of Google Apps (drive, forms, calendar, classroom) and Twitter. I mean, besides the fact that @WCPSS conveniently tweets school closings and delays quicker than the updates on the scrolly bar on WTVD-ABC11...
- — Allison Rae Stewart (@allisunrae)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:23:51A2 Using Twitter/Instagram make pushing out assignments easier for Ss/families - quick, easy, & lots of kids use those interfaces #wcpsschat
- — Kristy Meyrick (@AmicaKristy)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:25:47A2 I use Google apps so often I dream in primary colors. No need to worry about bringing flash drive -everything is in the cloud #WCPSSchat
- — carmen montero graf (@EastGarnerES)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:35:24A2: Using Google drive for carpool dismissal & to develop forms, collaborate on processes, and create presentations. #wcpsschat
- — Elizabeth Helms (@Helms_Science)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:27:45A2: I also love google drive. Commenting quick feedback instead of grading papers= collaborative processing and learning #wcpsschat
- — Wendell Middle (@WendellMSMedia)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:24:49#wcpsschat A2: Collaborative editing essays is much more effective and efficient than hauling home mountains of illegible papers.
- Also mentioned:
- — Alteric Dunston (@altericdunston)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:23:43A2: Blackboard, Quia, Kahoot, Ignition and a few others..But I'm a CTE BFIT teacher... so Technology is my second home... #wcpsschat
- — Ms. Putnam (@Putnam_Teach)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:31:21Late to the party! But A2: digital resources are great for connecting with parents! Remind101 and Class Dojo for example 🙌 #wcpsschat
- — Solender Physics (@SolenderPhysics)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:30:44A2: I love using schoology to have my students submit work online and it has an annotation function for feedback! #wcpsschat
- — Justin Bock (@bockjustin)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:27:21A2: Teaching my teachers to fish through digital access to my "brain"(as scary as it is). Wikis,screencasts,weebly,PLN help,etc. #wcpsschat
- — Kara Brem (@MrsBremTweets)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:26:13
- — Kelsey Cones (@MsConesTweets)Thu, Sep 03 2015 00:24:39
- I didn't mention this during the chat - but Doodle.com also allows for easy scheduling. Really, really easy scheduling.
On Enhancing Learning
- Of course, it's not about having the tech, it's about implementing it well. Time and time again, participants stressed that it's not enough to substitute paper for word documents.
WCPSS Chat - Digital Learning Tools
In the first ever #WCPSSchat, everybody dove into the topic of digital learning with a gusto. A few tools emerged as being the most useful for many of the teachers who chimed in.
byAlicia Whitley24 Views