- On November 9th 2015, Professor Firas Al Atraqchi gave a talk on the BRICS block: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- Al Atraqchi defined the term 'BRICS', its components, and explained how the block came to be.
- — Alaa El Dirini (@AlaaDirini)Mon, Nov 09 2015 11:25:35
- — Alaa El Dirini (@AlaaDirini)Mon, Nov 09 2015 11:37:01
- Later in the talk, Al Atraqchi moved to explaining the role of BRICS on the global level.
- Overall, Al Atraqchi concluded that BRICS will be working with the West on a multi-lateral level.
- The talk was very insighful, and brought about new economic anc political dimensions for the audience to think about.
'BRICS: An Alternative Narrative' by Professor Firas Al Atraqchi
A talk in the Brown Bag Lunch Series by the Journalism and Mass Comm. Department at the American Univesity in Cairo.