- — Mairi Cooper (@patoy2015)Tue, Aug 04 2015 12:43:45
- The team introduces their Teach to lead proposal on the concept of "Teachership."
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 15:57:44
- The motivations for Teachership were to address local, but universal challenges in our schools. Led by Superintendent Sam Rotella, the team explains their district and why teacher leadership and collaboration among all leaders was important for meeting the needs of students.
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:17:59150 tchrs, 1800 students, 43% economically disadvantaged, drop out rate of < 1%. Southern Tioga SD leading change & innovation #teachtolead
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:14:39"I stand with [this team] in developing teacher talents & their leadership work" Supt. <--We need MORE leaders like this! #teachtolead
- Then, the team identified current barriers existing for teacher leadership both in their district and more broadly.
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:25:35If we can remove the limiting factor of time, willingness for leadership will go up. Time = largest barrier. #teachtolead
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:29:49We have to provide low-risk opportunities for teachers to gain confidence & trust in collaborative leadership roles. #teachtolead
- — Cindy Ollendyke (@ollendyke57)Tue, Aug 04 2015 14:35:43#TeachtoLead Skills are needed for the development of Teacher Leaders- what do we see as the skills needed?
- — Joel Crowley (@kickkrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 12:51:25
- Both classroom teachers and their building principals discussed how this model could look through a few concrete examples of administration and teachers learning and leading together.
- — Instructional Coach (@instr_coach)Tue, Aug 04 2015 14:38:15Teachership as an interesting concept. Providing opportunities for teachers to lead, admin opps to learn from teachers. #teachtolead
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:41:52Teachership: Admin "shadows" a teacher to learn expert strategies on specific area & spread throughout building/district. #teachtolead
- — Brianna Crowley (@AkaMsCrowley)Tue, Aug 04 2015 13:20:37Teachership: Administrators co-teach with teachers to provide release time for teachers to collaborate & lead. #teachtolead
Teach to Lead: Williamsport, PA Teachership Summit
Representatives from Southern Tiaoga school district as well as Dr. Christina Coach from IU17 presented their community-voted Teach To Lead idea about teacher leadership. US DOE's Maddie Fennel and Laurie Calvert were facilitating the conversation among educators and organizations from PA.
byBrianna Crowley46 Views