- Protests started in late November 2013 when President Victor Yanukovych unexpectedly refused to sign a negotiated trade deal with the EU.
- — Victoria D. (@WiseLaFemmeAOL)Thu, Feb 20 2014 11:30:52Ukraine timeline: developments since political crisis erupted in Kiev http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-19/ukraine-protest-timeline-political-crisis-kiev/5268676 …
- — Viorica Patea (@vioricapatea)Tue, Feb 25 2014 19:31:26“@NatGeoMag: Ukraine's people power in photos: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/02/140224-ukraine-protest-photography-maidan/ …”
- Then it got violent in February.
- — Mark Colvin (@Colvinius)Thu, Feb 20 2014 22:45:39"A cold-blooded massacre on the streets of a modern European capital." UK Ch4's @mattfrei in Kiev: http://www.channel4.com/news/ukraine-kiev-independence-square-maidan-witnesses …
- World leaders reacted angrily as violence intensified.
- Then the government collapsed
- — Charles Shoebridge (@ShoebridgeC)Sun, Feb 23 2014 22:57:27US UK media disgust at extravagance of #Ukraine president #palace http://news.sky.com/story/1215842/luxury-revealed-as-yanukovych-flees-palace … But no mention of palaces of #SaudiArabia #Qatar UK
- — Chrisella S. Herzog (@Chrisella)Sat, Feb 22 2014 22:38:15
- Maybe the crisis is more complicated than simple narratives have us believe
The Story of Ukrainian Uprising
byDigitalActivism Proj660 Views