- It started, as with all things in this life, with a simple, innocuous comment that was seized upon by one with a flair for the melodramatic.
- — biochem belle (@biochembelle)Tue, Aug 20 2013 16:11:16Writing info in lab notebook. Describing bringing cells out of freeze, brain keeps going for "resurrected" or "resuscitated". #lifeinscience
- — Chris Pickett (@ChrisPickett5)Tue, Aug 20 2013 17:09:49
- And then this happened...
- And, lo, it was a thing.
- — Lynnie (@NeuroBarbie)Wed, Aug 21 2013 03:45:14In slow motion, the 50um slice of brain from R. norvegicus floated as a snowflake into the abyss of the cryostat. #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Lynnie (@NeuroBarbie)Wed, Aug 21 2013 03:47:43The timer went off. Too late! In a panicked haze, I realized the blots had been incubating in the wrong secondary. #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Kristy Lamb (@KLambPhD)Tue, Aug 20 2013 18:03:40Today my cloning PCR failed but tomorrow I will rise & try again with fresh reagents & will be met with triumph. #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Siobhan McRee (@Siobhan_kM)Wed, Aug 21 2013 13:17:36
- — Steven Hecht (@Profmicro)Tue, Aug 20 2013 18:07:19I pulled the grey shades down. The UV glow lit the room & poster of Hendrix, then excized the glowing band #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — christy till (@this_life)Wed, Aug 21 2013 03:03:36Day 685 expts failing, can't determine origin Day 810 prospects grim, growing weak... Day 999 tell my mom I <3 her #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — NatC (@SciTriGrrl)Tue, Aug 20 2013 18:07:31I stare at the screen wistfully, waiting for this assay to finish so I can move on with my life. One way or another #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — IBT Bioservices (@IBT_Bioservices)Tue, Aug 20 2013 20:02:05Trapped in an overlay, the cells were ruthlessly murdered by invading virus. Darkness, thy name is plaque. #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Adria Le Boeuf (@adriaexists)Wed, Aug 21 2013 06:58:38As I opened the lid to find number 18 curled up, immobile, in her water tube, my eyes turn heavenward: "My N! No!" #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Alex Brown (@alex_brovvn)Tue, Aug 20 2013 20:00:51The student has made a great suggestion.I'm torn about using it and claiming it as my own. Oh, whatever am I to do? #melodramaticlabnotebook
- — Atif Kukaswadia (@MrEpid)Tue, Aug 20 2013 19:53:15