- Maybe you let your membership lapse, or maybe you've been toying with the idea of joining, but haven't put pen to paper — or fingers to keyboard — quite yet. Whatever your reasons, it's time to commit to public health by becoming a member of APHA.
- Here are seven great reasons why members love being a part of APHA.
1. Annual Meeting access
- APHA's 143rd Annual Meeting and Exposition to be held this year Oct. 31 to Nov. 4 in Chicago, is a can't-miss event. For discounts on registration, insider info on sessions and events and much more, an APHA membership helps you get more out of the Annual Meeting.
- OK, that last one may have referred to the San Francisco Giants World Series win, but we like to think they were cheering for us, too.
2. Access to the American Journal of Public Health
- For the best in public health research, there's no better resource than AJPH. Members get access to the latest studies from the journal as well as to its archives, which date back more than 100 years.
3. News from The Nation's Health
- We don't like to brag, but The Nation's Health is the preeminent source for public health news. With your APHA membership, you get print issues delivered to your door, as well as access to The Nation's Health news online and via our app. You also get access to exclusive Q&As with public health leaders, podcasts, our weekly news quiz and more.
4. Sweet, sweet discounts
- Did you know an APHA membership can get you a discount on a rental car? Or free access to The Washington Post? Membership definitely has its financial perks.